Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu January 30, 2014
KY House Passes School Accountability Bill
The Kentucky House voted to strengthen accountability standards for public school districts in the wake of financial misdeeds among some school officials.
The measure requires school finance officers to make monthly reports to local school boards and provide an annual report to the state Education Department.
The bill cleared the House on a 58-41 vote yesterday and now goes to the Senate. State Auditor Adam Edelen praised the House action.
He said his office has found hundreds of thousands of dollars abused and misspent in school district audits in the past year and a half.