Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu February 4, 2010
KY House Panel Approves Bill to Criminalize Salvia
Frankfort, KY – The hallucinogenic herb salvia divinorum could make the list of illegal drugs in Kentucky. The House Judiciary Committee passed legislation that would make it illegal to possess, buy, sell or cultivate salvia in Kentucky. Representative Will Coursey of Benton sponsored the legislation, saying he believes the herb, known as "diviner's sage," poses a safety risk. The measure now goes to the House floor for consideration. A similar measure made it through the House in last year's legislative session, but didn't get out of the Senate.