Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu February 4, 2010
KY House Panel Approves Bill to Criminalize Salvia
Frankfort, KY – The hallucinogenic herb salvia divinorum could make the list of illegal drugs in Kentucky. The House Judiciary Committee passed legislation that would make it illegal to possess, buy, sell or cultivate salvia in Kentucky. Representative Will Coursey of Benton sponsored the legislation, saying he believes the herb, known as "diviner's sage," poses a safety risk. The measure now goes to the House floor for consideration. A similar measure made it through the House in last year's legislative session, but didn't get out of the Senate.