Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu February 4, 2010
KY House Panel Approves Bill to Criminalize Salvia
Frankfort, KY – The hallucinogenic herb salvia divinorum could make the list of illegal drugs in Kentucky. The House Judiciary Committee passed legislation that would make it illegal to possess, buy, sell or cultivate salvia in Kentucky. Representative Will Coursey of Benton sponsored the legislation, saying he believes the herb, known as "diviner's sage," poses a safety risk. The measure now goes to the House floor for consideration. A similar measure made it through the House in last year's legislative session, but didn't get out of the Senate.