Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu February 4, 2010
KY House OKs Bill Expanding Psychiatric Services
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky House has overwhelmingly approved a bill to expand psychiatric residential treatment programs for children now being cared for in other states. The bill seeks to expand psychiatric treatment care in residential centers for severely disturbed youngsters. Sponsor Representative Jimmie Lee says 50 to 90 such Kentucky youngsters are currently receiving care in other states. Lee says acute-care hospitals and residential treatment centers in Kentucky could seek approval from the state to care for such youngsters.