Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Murray State Renews Steve Prohm's Contract Through 2020
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Battle of the Bands 2015: Congratulations BIG ATOMIC!
- Study: Calloway, Lyon Counties Among the Healthiest in Kentucky
Wed August 20, 2014
KY House Members Urge Army Support of Ft. Campbell
All six of Kentucky’s U.S. congressmen have signed on to a letter supporting Fort Campbell following the Army’s release of the Supplemental Programmatic Environmental Assessment, or SPEA, in June.
The SPEA analyzes the environmental impact of a proposed army force reduction. 1st District Representative Ed Whitfield’s office says if the report’s recommendations are fully implemented, Fort Campbell could lose some 16 thousand soldiers and civilian personnel.
Whitfield calls the SPEA "a worst case scenario" and says he will oppose reduction of troops and services to the levels called for in the assessment.