Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed August 20, 2014
KY House Members Urge Army Support of Ft. Campbell
All six of Kentucky’s U.S. congressmen have signed on to a letter supporting Fort Campbell following the Army’s release of the Supplemental Programmatic Environmental Assessment, or SPEA, in June.
The SPEA analyzes the environmental impact of a proposed army force reduction. 1st District Representative Ed Whitfield’s office says if the report’s recommendations are fully implemented, Fort Campbell could lose some 16 thousand soldiers and civilian personnel.
Whitfield calls the SPEA "a worst case scenario" and says he will oppose reduction of troops and services to the levels called for in the assessment.