Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed August 20, 2014
KY House Members Urge Army Support of Ft. Campbell
All six of Kentucky’s U.S. congressmen have signed on to a letter supporting Fort Campbell following the Army’s release of the Supplemental Programmatic Environmental Assessment, or SPEA, in June.
The SPEA analyzes the environmental impact of a proposed army force reduction. 1st District Representative Ed Whitfield’s office says if the report’s recommendations are fully implemented, Fort Campbell could lose some 16 thousand soldiers and civilian personnel.
Whitfield calls the SPEA "a worst case scenario" and says he will oppose reduction of troops and services to the levels called for in the assessment.