Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed March 7, 2012
KY House Lawmakers Contribute $5,500 for Recovery Efforts
Kentucky House lawmakers have donated $5,500 from their own wallets to help communities in the eastern part of the Commonwealth recover from tornado damage. House Speaker Greg Stumbo says that total still is growing as legislators continue to give. Both the House and Senate have observed moments of silence in honor of storm victims. Democratic state Representative John Will Stacy of West Liberty thanked rescue teams and other first responders from across the state who reported for duty in his hard-hit district. He also thanked the state's TV weather forecasters who had warned Kentuckians about the likelihood of tornadoes, giving ample opportunity to take shelter. Stacy says if the forecasters hadn't done that, the death toll likely would have been much higher.