Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu March 11, 2010
KY House Funds Some School Projects; Snubs Others
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky House Representatives yesterday endorsed $648 million in funding school construction projects across the Commonwealth. Included in the 76 school projects are plans to build a new Lowes Elementary School and renovate Crittenden County Middle, Livingston County Middle and Murray High Schools. The Paducah Sun reports seven schools, including Paducah Middle, are being ignored because their legislator voted against the budget and revenue plans, despite being classified as Category 5, or in urgent need of replacement. Only eight of the 76 projects were Category 5 schools.