Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu March 11, 2010
KY House Funds Some School Projects; Snubs Others
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky House Representatives yesterday endorsed $648 million in funding school construction projects across the Commonwealth. Included in the 76 school projects are plans to build a new Lowes Elementary School and renovate Crittenden County Middle, Livingston County Middle and Murray High Schools. The Paducah Sun reports seven schools, including Paducah Middle, are being ignored because their legislator voted against the budget and revenue plans, despite being classified as Category 5, or in urgent need of replacement. Only eight of the 76 projects were Category 5 schools.