Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu March 11, 2010
KY House Funds Some School Projects; Snubs Others
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky House Representatives yesterday endorsed $648 million in funding school construction projects across the Commonwealth. Included in the 76 school projects are plans to build a new Lowes Elementary School and renovate Crittenden County Middle, Livingston County Middle and Murray High Schools. The Paducah Sun reports seven schools, including Paducah Middle, are being ignored because their legislator voted against the budget and revenue plans, despite being classified as Category 5, or in urgent need of replacement. Only eight of the 76 projects were Category 5 schools.