Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri November 22, 2013
KY Highway Officials Issue Thanksgiving Seatbelt Warning
Kentucky Transportation Secretary Mike Hancock says the long Thanksgiving weekend is among the year's busiest times for travel.
Hancock says as the number of cars on the road goes up, the chance of being involved in a serious wreck does likewise.
The Office of Highway Safety is reminding travelers to wear a seat belt every time they're in a car. The agency says, seven people were killed Thanksgiving weekend last year, including four who weren't wearing seat belts.
Highway Safety Director Bill Bell says there are too many deaths that could have been prevented with a seat belt. He says that seems to indicate people aren't taking the state's seat belt law seriously.