Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu August 22, 2013
KY High Court Considers Instant Racing Challenge
The Kentucky Supreme Court will soon decide whether Instant Racing is similar to betting on live racing or illegal gambling.
Yesterday the court quizzed attorneys from various racetracks, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission and The Family Foundation of Kentucky about the game. The game allows patrons to bet on past races without knowing the names of the trainers, jockeys or horses. Kentucky Downs in Franklin and Ellis Park in Henderson each offer the game. A Family Foundation lawyer says historic racing is essentially slot machine gambling, which is barred in the state. An attorney for the race tracks says there's no difference between betting on historic races and betting on live racing.