Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri July 10, 2009
KY Health Department Holding Summer Workshops
Lexington, KY – The Kentucky state health department is holding free workshops next week for volunteers and medical professionals interested in helping out during public health emergencies. The July 18th workshop is scheduled at the Lexington Convention Center.
Public health commissioner Dr. William Hacker says officials are looking for people interested in helping others during large-scale public health emergencies. People who attend will get training with the Kentucky Health Emergency Listing of Professionals for Surge and the Medical Reserve Corps program.