Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri July 10, 2009
KY Health Department Holding Summer Workshops
Lexington, KY – The Kentucky state health department is holding free workshops next week for volunteers and medical professionals interested in helping out during public health emergencies. The July 18th workshop is scheduled at the Lexington Convention Center.
Public health commissioner Dr. William Hacker says officials are looking for people interested in helping others during large-scale public health emergencies. People who attend will get training with the Kentucky Health Emergency Listing of Professionals for Surge and the Medical Reserve Corps program.