Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri July 10, 2009
KY Health Department Holding Summer Workshops
Lexington, KY – The Kentucky state health department is holding free workshops next week for volunteers and medical professionals interested in helping out during public health emergencies. The July 18th workshop is scheduled at the Lexington Convention Center.
Public health commissioner Dr. William Hacker says officials are looking for people interested in helping others during large-scale public health emergencies. People who attend will get training with the Kentucky Health Emergency Listing of Professionals for Surge and the Medical Reserve Corps program.