Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri July 10, 2009
KY Health Department Holding Summer Workshops
Lexington, KY – The Kentucky state health department is holding free workshops next week for volunteers and medical professionals interested in helping out during public health emergencies. The July 18th workshop is scheduled at the Lexington Convention Center.
Public health commissioner Dr. William Hacker says officials are looking for people interested in helping others during large-scale public health emergencies. People who attend will get training with the Kentucky Health Emergency Listing of Professionals for Surge and the Medical Reserve Corps program.