Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon December 7, 2009
KY Grants Promote Use of Waste Tires
Frankfort, KY – The Commonwealth is accepting grant proposals for projects in Kentucky that promote the use of recycled waste tires for such things as athletic fields and playgrounds. The Energy and Environment Cabinet will also consider funding research and development proposals.
The cabinet says grant applications must be received by February 1st, 2010, at the Division of Waste Management's central office in Frankfort. Grant funding comes from the Waste Tire Trust Fund. The endowment was established in 1998 by the Kentucky General Assembly to receive fees collected from new tire sales.