Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue June 2, 2009
KY Graduates Hit Record High
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky colleges conferred a record number of degrees in May. The Council on Postsecondary Education says the total number of degrees and certificates issued topped thirty thousand for the first time in the state's history. C-P-E President Robert King says students are obviously preparing for the workplace.
This is improving the quality of the workforce in Kentucky, and there is a growing pool of highly talented and highly educated people here ready to work.
The number of Doctoral and Master's degree graduates increased by twenty percent in the past year. Bachelor's degrees were up by six percent, while the number of associate degrees jumped by fifteen percent.