Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue June 2, 2009
KY Graduates Hit Record High
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky colleges conferred a record number of degrees in May. The Council on Postsecondary Education says the total number of degrees and certificates issued topped thirty thousand for the first time in the state's history. C-P-E President Robert King says students are obviously preparing for the workplace.
This is improving the quality of the workforce in Kentucky, and there is a growing pool of highly talented and highly educated people here ready to work.
The number of Doctoral and Master's degree graduates increased by twenty percent in the past year. Bachelor's degrees were up by six percent, while the number of associate degrees jumped by fifteen percent.