Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Mon September 10, 2012
KY Governor weighing appointments to medical board
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has five appointments to make that could reshape a state medical board that’s played a controversial role in efforts to crack down on prescription drug abuse. All five of the members whose terms are up are continuing to serve until Beshear makes a decision.
That's a normal occurrence on state boards and commissions. Beshear spokeswoman Kerri Richardson says the appointments are under review. The licensure board drew criticism last year for not taking more aggressive action against so-called pill mills and corrupt doctors who supply Kentucky's drug epidemic.
2012 General Assembly
Health & Welfare