Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed August 21, 2013
KY Gov. Blasts Scott Over Recruitment Tactic
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is ripping into Florida Governor Rick Scott over what he calls a "crude" effort to lure businesses to the Sunshine State. On Monday Beshear sent a letter to Scott criticizing the Republican governor's attempt to get companies to relocate. He called the effort in "poor taste" and also said some of the information Scott sent to Kentucky businesses was misleading and false.
Scott has sent letters to business leaders in several states contending that they should book a "one way" ticket to Florida. He has argued that companies should take advantage of the state's tax structure. In his letter Beshear says "my advice to you, as a fellow governor, is to focus on your state and its people, and I'll focus on my mine."