Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed August 21, 2013
KY Gov. Blasts Scott Over Recruitment Tactic
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is ripping into Florida Governor Rick Scott over what he calls a "crude" effort to lure businesses to the Sunshine State. On Monday Beshear sent a letter to Scott criticizing the Republican governor's attempt to get companies to relocate. He called the effort in "poor taste" and also said some of the information Scott sent to Kentucky businesses was misleading and false.
Scott has sent letters to business leaders in several states contending that they should book a "one way" ticket to Florida. He has argued that companies should take advantage of the state's tax structure. In his letter Beshear says "my advice to you, as a fellow governor, is to focus on your state and its people, and I'll focus on my mine."