Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed August 21, 2013
KY Gov. Blasts Scott Over Recruitment Tactic
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is ripping into Florida Governor Rick Scott over what he calls a "crude" effort to lure businesses to the Sunshine State. On Monday Beshear sent a letter to Scott criticizing the Republican governor's attempt to get companies to relocate. He called the effort in "poor taste" and also said some of the information Scott sent to Kentucky businesses was misleading and false.
Scott has sent letters to business leaders in several states contending that they should book a "one way" ticket to Florida. He has argued that companies should take advantage of the state's tax structure. In his letter Beshear says "my advice to you, as a fellow governor, is to focus on your state and its people, and I'll focus on my mine."