Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu September 15, 2011
KY GOP May Drop Automatic Disqualification Rule
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Kentucky GOP leaders may drop a new rule automatically disqualifying Republicans who endorse or contribute financially to Democrats from serving in official capacities within the party. GOP Chairman Steve Robertson says the Republican State Central Committee will consider an amendment at Saturday's meeting to delete the provision that some tea party activists objected to. The provision was part of a new set of rules adopted a week ago and awaiting ratification. Robertson says despite the amendment, the expectation of party loyalty from those serving in leadership roles remains.