Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu September 15, 2011
KY GOP May Drop Automatic Disqualification Rule
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Kentucky GOP leaders may drop a new rule automatically disqualifying Republicans who endorse or contribute financially to Democrats from serving in official capacities within the party. GOP Chairman Steve Robertson says the Republican State Central Committee will consider an amendment at Saturday's meeting to delete the provision that some tea party activists objected to. The provision was part of a new set of rules adopted a week ago and awaiting ratification. Robertson says despite the amendment, the expectation of party loyalty from those serving in leadership roles remains.