Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Thu September 15, 2011
KY GOP May Drop Automatic Disqualification Rule
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Kentucky GOP leaders may drop a new rule automatically disqualifying Republicans who endorse or contribute financially to Democrats from serving in official capacities within the party. GOP Chairman Steve Robertson says the Republican State Central Committee will consider an amendment at Saturday's meeting to delete the provision that some tea party activists objected to. The provision was part of a new set of rules adopted a week ago and awaiting ratification. Robertson says despite the amendment, the expectation of party loyalty from those serving in leadership roles remains.