Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu September 15, 2011
KY GOP May Drop Automatic Disqualification Rule
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Kentucky GOP leaders may drop a new rule automatically disqualifying Republicans who endorse or contribute financially to Democrats from serving in official capacities within the party. GOP Chairman Steve Robertson says the Republican State Central Committee will consider an amendment at Saturday's meeting to delete the provision that some tea party activists objected to. The provision was part of a new set of rules adopted a week ago and awaiting ratification. Robertson says despite the amendment, the expectation of party loyalty from those serving in leadership roles remains.