Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu September 15, 2011
KY GOP May Drop Automatic Disqualification Rule
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Kentucky GOP leaders may drop a new rule automatically disqualifying Republicans who endorse or contribute financially to Democrats from serving in official capacities within the party. GOP Chairman Steve Robertson says the Republican State Central Committee will consider an amendment at Saturday's meeting to delete the provision that some tea party activists objected to. The provision was part of a new set of rules adopted a week ago and awaiting ratification. Robertson says despite the amendment, the expectation of party loyalty from those serving in leadership roles remains.