Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon March 11, 2013
KY General Fund Revenue Declines in February
Kentucky’s General Fund revenue saw a sharp decline last month. Budget Director Jane Driskell says collections fell 5.2%, costing the state nearly $30 million. Coal severance tax revenue had the largest loss, with 24. 5%. Both individual income tax and cigarette tax revenue dropped about 14%. Driskell says 41% increases in corporate income tax and property tax collections failed to offset the losses.