Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed September 11, 2013
KY General Fund Receipts Up 3.8% In August
A top adviser to Gov. Steve Beshear is reporting that General Fund receipts rose modestly in August. State Budget Director Jane Driskell says that collections were up 3.8%to more than $663 million. Driskell says the increase was due largely to a spike in revenue from the sales tax and the income tax, and robust construction activity across the state is likely responsible.