Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Mon October 20, 2008
KY Fire Deaths
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Police say they have arrested a suspect in the deaths of two teenage girls and their younger brother who were discovered after authorities responded to a house fire in rural Trigg County last week.
State police spokesman Dean Patterson says 35-year-old Kevin Dunlap of Hopkinsville was charged Saturday with multiple counts of capital murder and capital kidnapping as well as one count of rape, one count of attempted murder, burglary and three counts of tampering with evidence.
The victims were 17-year-old Kayla Williams, 14-year-old Kortney Frensley, and 5-year-old Ethan Frensley. The children's mother, 36-year-old Kristi Frensley, was seriously injured in the incident. Patterson says Frensley, still recovering from the ordeal at an undisclosed hospital, is cooperating with investigators.