Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed November 5, 2008
KY Farmers Receive Assistance
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky farmers are now eligible for emergency loans after the U.S. Department of Agriculture announced assistance to all 120 counties. The assistance comes in response to droughts and high winds that occurred in the Commonwealth earlier this year. Governor Steve Beshear says he hopes the aid will lessen the conditions' impact on farmers and rural communities. Those interested in more information can contact their local USDA or Farm Service Agency offices.