Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon December 7, 2009
KY Farmers Exceed $4b in Receipts
Frankfort, KY – Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer has congratulated Kentucky farmers for surpassing $4 billion in cash receipts for the fourth year in a row. Farmer says the state's agriculture industry achieved the feat despite economic challenges.
The University of Kentucky reported that cash receipts for 2009 will total over 4 and a quarter billion dollars, 11% lower than last year's record total but even with the five-year average.
University economists are predicting gains in cash receipts for livestock next year and minor improvements in sales of fruits, vegetables, greenhouse products and small grains.