Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon December 7, 2009
KY Farmers Exceed $4b in Receipts
Frankfort, KY – Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer has congratulated Kentucky farmers for surpassing $4 billion in cash receipts for the fourth year in a row. Farmer says the state's agriculture industry achieved the feat despite economic challenges.
The University of Kentucky reported that cash receipts for 2009 will total over 4 and a quarter billion dollars, 11% lower than last year's record total but even with the five-year average.
University economists are predicting gains in cash receipts for livestock next year and minor improvements in sales of fruits, vegetables, greenhouse products and small grains.