Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Mon December 7, 2009
KY Farmers Exceed $4b in Receipts
Frankfort, KY – Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer has congratulated Kentucky farmers for surpassing $4 billion in cash receipts for the fourth year in a row. Farmer says the state's agriculture industry achieved the feat despite economic challenges.
The University of Kentucky reported that cash receipts for 2009 will total over 4 and a quarter billion dollars, 11% lower than last year's record total but even with the five-year average.
University economists are predicting gains in cash receipts for livestock next year and minor improvements in sales of fruits, vegetables, greenhouse products and small grains.