Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri January 18, 2013
KY Employment Numbers Rising
The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet says the state's jobless rate has dropped to 8.1 percent.
A statement from the agency yesterday said the rate for December 2012 was down from 8.2 percent in November and well below the 9 percent recorded in December 2011. According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in the leisure and hospitality field grew by 1,100, jobs in the educational and health services rose by 500 and jobs in the informational and financial sectors grew by a total of 600. Employment fields that posted job losses included mining and logging, manufacturing and government.