Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Fri January 18, 2013
KY Employment Numbers Rising
The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet says the state's jobless rate has dropped to 8.1 percent.
A statement from the agency yesterday said the rate for December 2012 was down from 8.2 percent in November and well below the 9 percent recorded in December 2011. According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in the leisure and hospitality field grew by 1,100, jobs in the educational and health services rose by 500 and jobs in the informational and financial sectors grew by a total of 600. Employment fields that posted job losses included mining and logging, manufacturing and government.