Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed December 2, 2009
KY Election Officials Worried about Budget Cuts
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson says budget cuts in the State Board of Elections would be a bad move. Grayson and heads of state government agencies have sent letters to Budget Director Mary Lassiter listing potential ramifications of 6% cuts Governor Beshear has called for.
Grayson says cutting an additional $81,000 from their budget could prohibit the Board of Elections from carrying out its duties heading into next year's elections. Lassiter warned last month that most state agencies could face more budget cuts to help offset an additional expected $161 million revenue shortfall. That's on top of $800 million already slashed from the state budget due to a decline in revenue.