Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed October 22, 2008
KY Election Closely Watched
By Todd Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Investigators will be monitoring polling places across Kentucky on Election Day to guard against voting improprieties.
Attorney General Jack Conway says about a dozen investigators from his office will be joined by state police and FBI to investigate complaints.
Kentucky elections have routinely been tainted by accusations that people have paid cash or even traded whiskey for votes. Numerous public officials have been convicted in recent years with election fraud.