Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Wed October 22, 2008
KY Election Closely Watched
By Todd Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Investigators will be monitoring polling places across Kentucky on Election Day to guard against voting improprieties.
Attorney General Jack Conway says about a dozen investigators from his office will be joined by state police and FBI to investigate complaints.
Kentucky elections have routinely been tainted by accusations that people have paid cash or even traded whiskey for votes. Numerous public officials have been convicted in recent years with election fraud.