Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed June 10, 2009
KY Education Commissioner Search
By KPR/Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's search for a new education commissioner is intensifying. After meeting privately for almost three hours, the state school board has narrowed the list of candidates from more than 80 to around 12. Board Chairman Joe Brothers says the interview process can now begin.
We are on schedule. We wanted to review all applications we received. We did so. We will next take a group of them that we identified as first round folks to be interviewed and we'll continue to work the process.
Brothers says resumes are still coming in, with some being quite impressive. August first is the board's target date for filling the post left vacant by the departure of former Commissioner Jon Draud, who resigned for health reasons.