Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed June 10, 2009
KY Education Commissioner Search
By KPR/Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's search for a new education commissioner is intensifying. After meeting privately for almost three hours, the state school board has narrowed the list of candidates from more than 80 to around 12. Board Chairman Joe Brothers says the interview process can now begin.
We are on schedule. We wanted to review all applications we received. We did so. We will next take a group of them that we identified as first round folks to be interviewed and we'll continue to work the process.
Brothers says resumes are still coming in, with some being quite impressive. August first is the board's target date for filling the post left vacant by the departure of former Commissioner Jon Draud, who resigned for health reasons.