Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon August 24, 2009
KY Diploma Summit
Frankfort, KY – Today's job market alone is tough, but nearly 6,500 Kentucky students left school last year without a high school diploma. First Lady Jane Beshear is hosting a summit in Frankfort next month focused on dropout prevention. Mrs. Beshear hopes people from all backgrounds will register to attend the discussion. Summit participants, including the governor, will discuss why students are dropping out of school and how the state can raise graduation rates.