Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu July 9, 2009
KY 'Cybercrimes' Unit Turns 1-Year-Old
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky attorney general's "cybercrimes" unit has marked its first anniversary.
Spokeswoman Shelley Johnson says investigators from the unit have seized more than 34,000 pornographic images and videos since last July. Attorney General Jack Conway says investigators and prosecutors in Kentucky have cracked down on "cyberpredators," having launched 50 investigations that so far have resulted in nine arrests.