Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Thu July 9, 2009
KY 'Cybercrimes' Unit Turns 1-Year-Old
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky attorney general's "cybercrimes" unit has marked its first anniversary.
Spokeswoman Shelley Johnson says investigators from the unit have seized more than 34,000 pornographic images and videos since last July. Attorney General Jack Conway says investigators and prosecutors in Kentucky have cracked down on "cyberpredators," having launched 50 investigations that so far have resulted in nine arrests.