Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu July 9, 2009
KY 'Cybercrimes' Unit Turns 1-Year-Old
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky attorney general's "cybercrimes" unit has marked its first anniversary.
Spokeswoman Shelley Johnson says investigators from the unit have seized more than 34,000 pornographic images and videos since last July. Attorney General Jack Conway says investigators and prosecutors in Kentucky have cracked down on "cyberpredators," having launched 50 investigations that so far have resulted in nine arrests.