Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon January 25, 2010
KY Crimes Increased in 2009
By Caleb Campbell
Paducah, KY – Paducah Police, the McCracken County Sheriff's Department and Kentucky State Police all report that crime increased in 2009. For Paducah, homicides jumped from zero in 2008 to four last year. The Paducah Sun reports that property crimes increased as well, with burglaries jumping from 207 to 235. In McCracken County, burglary also jumped from 180 to 221. Auto thefts increased from 52 to 56. McCracken County Sheriff Jon Hayden attributes the burglary and theft to economic problems.