Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 25, 2010
KY Crimes Increased in 2009
By Caleb Campbell
Paducah, KY – Paducah Police, the McCracken County Sheriff's Department and Kentucky State Police all report that crime increased in 2009. For Paducah, homicides jumped from zero in 2008 to four last year. The Paducah Sun reports that property crimes increased as well, with burglaries jumping from 207 to 235. In McCracken County, burglary also jumped from 180 to 221. Auto thefts increased from 52 to 56. McCracken County Sheriff Jon Hayden attributes the burglary and theft to economic problems.