Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu October 24, 2013
KY Counties Receive Railroad Safety Grants
Projects to improve safety at railroad crossings in 17 Kentucky counties will be helped with nearly $2.2 million in grants.
The grants require a dollar-for-dollar match from the railroad companies and come from the Kentucky Railroad Crossing Improvement Program, administered by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
Beshear's office says 77 of the projects are to be carried out by R.J. Corman Railroad, 22 by TransKentucky Transportation Inc. and six by Paducah & Louisville Railroad.
At least 11 projects are on crossings where there has been incidents involving motor vehicles or pedestrians in the last five years. Western Kentucky Counties covered by the grants are Graves, Todd, Logan and Grayson.
WKMS Press Releases