Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon July 6, 2009
KY Congressmen Targeted in Anthrax Hoax
By Carrie Pond
Hopkinsville, KY – U.S. Representative for Kentucky's first district Ed Whitfield is one of at least four congressmen in Kentucky that received a suspicious letter at his office. The offices of Representatives John Yarmuth, Geoff Davis and Brett Guthrie also received letters in the mail Monday morning that purported to contain anthrax. Guthrie spokesman Nate Hodson says a staffer in the Bowling Green office opened one of the letters and immediately called authorities. He says the first line of the letter said the envelope contained anthrax. Authorities believe the letter was sent by a prison inmate. Hodson says investigators determined that the anthrax threat was a hoax.