Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu July 19, 2012
KY Chamber of Commerce Report Evaluates Business Climate
Kentucky's business climate is consistently dragged down by low incomes, high poverty, and poor health. That's one of the conclusions of the comprehensive report released this week by the state's Chamber of Commerce.
The broad snapshot looked at the economic climate, taxes and regulations, employment, education, quality of life, infrastructure, and government spending. Dave Adkisson, president and CEO of the Chamber, said the report shows plenty of marks in the plus column too.
“We have great assets in this state, but our study shows we have a lot of work to be done. Some of the good things are, we have a low cost of living, low crime, a relatively competitive tax climate on the state level, a central location," said Adkisson. "Those are all working in our favor.”
Among the suggestions made in the report are a statewide smoking ban, simplification of the tax code, and tort reform. The full report can be found at kychamber.com.