Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu October 4, 2012
KY Baptists to Cut Ties with Georgetown
The Kentucky Baptist Convention is moving to sever its remaining ties with Georgetown College. The convention will vote on a recommendation at its annual meeting next month that would terminate its ministry partnership with the institution. An administrative committee voted in September in favor of the measure. The college and Kentucky Baptists broke off a covenant agreement in 2005 in order to allow Georgetown to elect its own trustees.
Georgetown pushed to cut those ties in the hopes it would improve fundraising, but it also meant giving up about $1.4 million in annual support from Kentucky Baptists. The convention votes on the resolution November 13, saying it wishes to focus attention on institutions with existing covenant agreements.