Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Thu October 4, 2012
KY Baptists to Cut Ties with Georgetown
The Kentucky Baptist Convention is moving to sever its remaining ties with Georgetown College. The convention will vote on a recommendation at its annual meeting next month that would terminate its ministry partnership with the institution. An administrative committee voted in September in favor of the measure. The college and Kentucky Baptists broke off a covenant agreement in 2005 in order to allow Georgetown to elect its own trustees.
Georgetown pushed to cut those ties in the hopes it would improve fundraising, but it also meant giving up about $1.4 million in annual support from Kentucky Baptists. The convention votes on the resolution November 13, saying it wishes to focus attention on institutions with existing covenant agreements.