Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed October 15, 2008
KY Baptist Group to Allow Women Vote
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – A state association of historically black Baptist churches will allow women to vote on denominational matters. The General Association of Baptists in Kentucky, which has congregations in the western part of the state, approved the change in a sweeping constitutional revision last month. The move puts the association more in line with local churches' practices and with national Baptist groups. Local churches can send up to 13 messengers to annual denominational meetings where boards are elected, budgets are approved and resolutions on public policy positions are adopted.