Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
2015 Governors Race
Thu November 7, 2013
KY Banker Puts Forth Candidate Ideas For 2015
Prominent Kentucky banker Jess Correll says he's urging former Louisville councilman Hal Heiner to enter the Republican primary in the 2015 Governor’s race.
Correll says the former Louisville mayoral candidate reflects Kentucky's conservative values and would lead the state in a new direction.
Heiner said yesterday he's giving the race "careful consideration" but doesn't have a timetable.
Correll's support for Heiner comes the same week Republican Phil Moffett ruled out another run for governor in 2015.
Moffett says state Agriculture Commissioner James Comer would be the front-runner if he enters the GOP primary.