Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
2015 Governors Race
Thu November 7, 2013
KY Banker Puts Forth Candidate Ideas For 2015
Prominent Kentucky banker Jess Correll says he's urging former Louisville councilman Hal Heiner to enter the Republican primary in the 2015 Governor’s race.
Correll says the former Louisville mayoral candidate reflects Kentucky's conservative values and would lead the state in a new direction.
Heiner said yesterday he's giving the race "careful consideration" but doesn't have a timetable.
Correll's support for Heiner comes the same week Republican Phil Moffett ruled out another run for governor in 2015.
Moffett says state Agriculture Commissioner James Comer would be the front-runner if he enters the GOP primary.