Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
2015 Governors Race
Thu November 7, 2013
KY Banker Puts Forth Candidate Ideas For 2015
Prominent Kentucky banker Jess Correll says he's urging former Louisville councilman Hal Heiner to enter the Republican primary in the 2015 Governor’s race.
Correll says the former Louisville mayoral candidate reflects Kentucky's conservative values and would lead the state in a new direction.
Heiner said yesterday he's giving the race "careful consideration" but doesn't have a timetable.
Correll's support for Heiner comes the same week Republican Phil Moffett ruled out another run for governor in 2015.
Moffett says state Agriculture Commissioner James Comer would be the front-runner if he enters the GOP primary.