Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
2015 Governors Race
Thu November 7, 2013
KY Banker Puts Forth Candidate Ideas For 2015
Prominent Kentucky banker Jess Correll says he's urging former Louisville councilman Hal Heiner to enter the Republican primary in the 2015 Governor’s race.
Correll says the former Louisville mayoral candidate reflects Kentucky's conservative values and would lead the state in a new direction.
Heiner said yesterday he's giving the race "careful consideration" but doesn't have a timetable.
Correll's support for Heiner comes the same week Republican Phil Moffett ruled out another run for governor in 2015.
Moffett says state Agriculture Commissioner James Comer would be the front-runner if he enters the GOP primary.