Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 19, 2012
KY and FL Officials to Discuss Prescription Drug Abuse
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway and Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi are set to discuss cooperative efforts to combat prescription drug abuse and the pipeline of illegal pills between the two states. Conway and Bondi are featured speakers at the Different Faces of Substance Abuse Conference in Lexington this week. The conference also features University of Kentucky doctors as well as law enforcement personnel. Kentucky has taken steps in recent years to tackle the prescription drug problem, including House Bill 463. The bill updates the state's drug laws by reducing prison time for low-risk, non-violent drug criminals. Officials say the measure should save the state $422 million over a decade.