Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri April 17, 2009
KY Ag Board to Fund Breathitt Study
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear's Office of Agricultural Policy has voted today to fund a Murray State University study on the Breathitt Veterinary Center. The 300 thousand dollar feasibility study will decide whether the BVC should be renovated or replaced. The BVC's website says the center no longer meets laboratory safety and security requirements. Center officials have proposed building a 50 thousand square foot, 25 million dollar facility.
The funding announcement comes at the heels of a Murray visit from U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield, in which the congressman presented the BVC with funding for equipment purchases.