Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri April 17, 2009
KY Ag Board to Fund Breathitt Study
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear's Office of Agricultural Policy has voted today to fund a Murray State University study on the Breathitt Veterinary Center. The 300 thousand dollar feasibility study will decide whether the BVC should be renovated or replaced. The BVC's website says the center no longer meets laboratory safety and security requirements. Center officials have proposed building a 50 thousand square foot, 25 million dollar facility.
The funding announcement comes at the heels of a Murray visit from U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield, in which the congressman presented the BVC with funding for equipment purchases.