Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri April 17, 2009
KY Ag Board to Fund Breathitt Study
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear's Office of Agricultural Policy has voted today to fund a Murray State University study on the Breathitt Veterinary Center. The 300 thousand dollar feasibility study will decide whether the BVC should be renovated or replaced. The BVC's website says the center no longer meets laboratory safety and security requirements. Center officials have proposed building a 50 thousand square foot, 25 million dollar facility.
The funding announcement comes at the heels of a Murray visit from U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield, in which the congressman presented the BVC with funding for equipment purchases.