Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri November 20, 2009
KY-80 to Open Wednesday
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to open the new four-lane section of Kentucky 80 between Coldwater and US 641 in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Officials have scheduled the 8 and a half mile section to open 10 AM Wednesday. The section completes a 30-mile continuous four lane between Aurora and Mayfield. Motorists traveling side roads that cross the new highway should use extra caution due to the increased traffic. About 6,000 vehicles are expected to travel the road between Mayfield and Murray each day.