Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 20, 2009
KY-80 to Open Wednesday
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to open the new four-lane section of Kentucky 80 between Coldwater and US 641 in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Officials have scheduled the 8 and a half mile section to open 10 AM Wednesday. The section completes a 30-mile continuous four lane between Aurora and Mayfield. Motorists traveling side roads that cross the new highway should use extra caution due to the increased traffic. About 6,000 vehicles are expected to travel the road between Mayfield and Murray each day.