Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon September 15, 2008
KY-5: Independent Challenges "Champion" of the Earmarks
By Charles Compton, WEKU
Richmond, KY – Southeast Kentucky's 5th Congressional District was the focus last night when KET conducted its first candidate forum of the fall election season.
Incumbent Republican Hal Rogers refused to participate, but his opponent accepted the invitation. Independent candidate Jim Holbert was quizzed by KET Host Bill Goodman, WEKU's Charles Compton and Russ Cassady of the Appalachian News Express.