Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon September 15, 2008
KY-5: Independent Challenges "Champion" of the Earmarks
By Charles Compton, WEKU
Richmond, KY – Southeast Kentucky's 5th Congressional District was the focus last night when KET conducted its first candidate forum of the fall election season.
Incumbent Republican Hal Rogers refused to participate, but his opponent accepted the invitation. Independent candidate Jim Holbert was quizzed by KET Host Bill Goodman, WEKU's Charles Compton and Russ Cassady of the Appalachian News Express.