Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
Mon September 15, 2008
KY-5: Independent Challenges "Champion" of the Earmarks
By Charles Compton, WEKU
Richmond, KY – Southeast Kentucky's 5th Congressional District was the focus last night when KET conducted its first candidate forum of the fall election season.
Incumbent Republican Hal Rogers refused to participate, but his opponent accepted the invitation. Independent candidate Jim Holbert was quizzed by KET Host Bill Goodman, WEKU's Charles Compton and Russ Cassady of the Appalachian News Express.