Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 8, 2013
Kwanda Trice Talks About Visiting Home, Her Passion for Education
Douglass High School was the African-American school in Calloway County before the schools were integrated in the 1960s and this past weekend alumni and their families came to Murray for the school’s annual reunion.
Kwanda Trice, founder of Eloquent Commitment to Helping Our Sisters, returned to her hometown to speak at the gathering. She talks with Whitney Jones about her connections to the school and her passion for education.
Trice is the founder of ECHOS and is currently working toward her doctorate at Howard University in Washington, DC.