Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu August 8, 2013
Kwanda Trice Talks About Visiting Home, Her Passion for Education
Douglass High School was the African-American school in Calloway County before the schools were integrated in the 1960s and this past weekend alumni and their families came to Murray for the school’s annual reunion.
Kwanda Trice, founder of Eloquent Commitment to Helping Our Sisters, returned to her hometown to speak at the gathering. She talks with Whitney Jones about her connections to the school and her passion for education.
Trice is the founder of ECHOS and is currently working toward her doctorate at Howard University in Washington, DC.