Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu October 9, 2008
Kurita in Court
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Tennessee State Senator Rosalind Kurita's case against her Democratic Party is before a federal judge in Nashville today. Party officials from the three counties in the 22nd Senate District stripped Kurita of her 19-vote primary election victory in August over challenger Tim Barnes. Officials vacated her win after Barnes' lawyers alleged heavy crossover voting by Republicans and that some of Barnes' supporters were directed to vote in the wrong primary. Kurita qualified to run as an independent candidate, but is suing the party to be reinstated as the Democrat on the November 4 ballot. There is no Republican candidate for the district.