Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri February 13, 2009
KTC Sends Debris Reminder
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say the cabinet has recieved a number of reports of commercial tree firms and contractors clearing downed limbs for citizens and piling them next to state right of way for pick up. Public Information Officer Keith Todd says private contractors are responsible for hauling away all storm debris to a proper disposal site. With more rain expected next week, Todd also reminds citizens to avoid placing debris in ditches. If ditches are blocked by stacked tree limbs when the rainfall begins, it will create flooding issues.