Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Fri February 13, 2009
KTC Sends Debris Reminder
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say the cabinet has recieved a number of reports of commercial tree firms and contractors clearing downed limbs for citizens and piling them next to state right of way for pick up. Public Information Officer Keith Todd says private contractors are responsible for hauling away all storm debris to a proper disposal site. With more rain expected next week, Todd also reminds citizens to avoid placing debris in ditches. If ditches are blocked by stacked tree limbs when the rainfall begins, it will create flooding issues.