Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed February 3, 2010
KTC Presents Roadwork Plan
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet presented its roadwork plan to the General Assembly yesterday, including recommended funding for the Interstate 69 corridor that runs through 10 counties in Western Kentucky. Spokesman Keith Todd says while the plan doesn't become official until legislators amend and approve it; it aims to upgrade sections of the Purchase, Western Kentucky and Pennyrile Parkways to interstate standards. Those include some interchange, guardrail and overpass upgrades. Todd also points out the need to develop a river crossing at Henderson, which will depend on federal funding.