Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed February 3, 2010
KTC Presents Roadwork Plan
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet presented its roadwork plan to the General Assembly yesterday, including recommended funding for the Interstate 69 corridor that runs through 10 counties in Western Kentucky. Spokesman Keith Todd says while the plan doesn't become official until legislators amend and approve it; it aims to upgrade sections of the Purchase, Western Kentucky and Pennyrile Parkways to interstate standards. Those include some interchange, guardrail and overpass upgrades. Todd also points out the need to develop a river crossing at Henderson, which will depend on federal funding.