Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu January 24, 2013
KTC Crews Pre-treating Highways
Kentucky Transportation highway crews continue pre-treating area highways in preparation for a winter weather system that could bring freezing rain, sleet, and/or snow to the region when it sweeps through tonight into tomorrow morning.
The system has the potential to create difficult driving conditions, particularly on the Friday morning commute. However, accumulations are expected to be minimal. But meteorologists warn the system does have the potential to be a high impact event due to the mixture of ice and snow in the forecast.