Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 24, 2013
KTC Crews Pre-treating Highways
Kentucky Transportation highway crews continue pre-treating area highways in preparation for a winter weather system that could bring freezing rain, sleet, and/or snow to the region when it sweeps through tonight into tomorrow morning.
The system has the potential to create difficult driving conditions, particularly on the Friday morning commute. However, accumulations are expected to be minimal. But meteorologists warn the system does have the potential to be a high impact event due to the mixture of ice and snow in the forecast.