Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon July 20, 2009
KSP's "Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass" Begins Today
By Chris Taylor
Hickory, KY – A new highway enforcement campaign begins today. The Kentucky State Police are joining with local law enforcement for "Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass," focusing on speeding, reckless driving, seatbelt-use, and DUIs. The campaign is primarily targeting McCracken, Marshall, and Calloway counties because of their higher highway fatality rates in recent years. The enforcement period lasts through the end of July.