Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue July 10, 2012
KSP Step Up Anti-Marijuana Efforts
Kentucky State Police troopers will step up their annual marijuana eradication efforts this week, searching from helicopters and on the ground for hidden crops.
Marijuana eradication team head Lieutenant Brent Roper says the troopers will begin with two days of training on spotting marijuana avoiding booby traps. Several agencies will join the state police in destroying the plants, including the DEA, the Forestry Service and the Kentucky National Guard. Authorities eradicated nearly $800 million worth of marijuana last year and made 371 arrests in Kentucky.