Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue July 10, 2012
KSP Step Up Anti-Marijuana Efforts
Kentucky State Police troopers will step up their annual marijuana eradication efforts this week, searching from helicopters and on the ground for hidden crops.
Marijuana eradication team head Lieutenant Brent Roper says the troopers will begin with two days of training on spotting marijuana avoiding booby traps. Several agencies will join the state police in destroying the plants, including the DEA, the Forestry Service and the Kentucky National Guard. Authorities eradicated nearly $800 million worth of marijuana last year and made 371 arrests in Kentucky.