Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 12, 2010
KSP Investigating Reidland-Farley Fire District
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Kentucky State Police have begun investigating the Reidland-Farley Fire District to detect any criminal activity after a second records audit revealed undocumented expenses and employees being paid twice in the same pay period. The audit focused on suspended Fire Chief Richard Tapp and former employee Justin Adams, finding they were reimbursed for thousands of dollars for unknown purchases over a two-year period and were paid double at least once. The Paducah Sun reports both Fire District Trustee Chairman David Humphrey and Accountant Dennis Driver, who prepared one of audits, were interviewed by state police last week.