Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri March 12, 2010
KSP Investigating Reidland-Farley Fire District
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Kentucky State Police have begun investigating the Reidland-Farley Fire District to detect any criminal activity after a second records audit revealed undocumented expenses and employees being paid twice in the same pay period. The audit focused on suspended Fire Chief Richard Tapp and former employee Justin Adams, finding they were reimbursed for thousands of dollars for unknown purchases over a two-year period and were paid double at least once. The Paducah Sun reports both Fire District Trustee Chairman David Humphrey and Accountant Dennis Driver, who prepared one of audits, were interviewed by state police last week.