Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri March 12, 2010
KSP Investigating Reidland-Farley Fire District
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Kentucky State Police have begun investigating the Reidland-Farley Fire District to detect any criminal activity after a second records audit revealed undocumented expenses and employees being paid twice in the same pay period. The audit focused on suspended Fire Chief Richard Tapp and former employee Justin Adams, finding they were reimbursed for thousands of dollars for unknown purchases over a two-year period and were paid double at least once. The Paducah Sun reports both Fire District Trustee Chairman David Humphrey and Accountant Dennis Driver, who prepared one of audits, were interviewed by state police last week.