Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Tue June 5, 2012
KSP Investigating Death of Tennessee Murder Suspect
Kentucky State Police are investigating the death of a Nashville man suspected of killing his wife yesterday. The KSP in McCracken County were looking for a Mercedes involved in a hit and run around noon on I-24.
Troopers located the vehicle on the shoulder of the interstate and discovered the driver, Gilbert Pearsall, dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. KSP investigators learned Pearsall was suspected of killing his estranged wife early yesterday morning. Troopers are investigating Pearsall’s death as a suicide and are working with Nashville Police to assist with their murder investigation.