Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Fri May 30, 2014
KSP Arrests Calloway County Man in Relation to New Concord Arson Investigation
The Kentucky State Police has arrested a New Concord man on arson charges stemming back to a Calloway County house fire in February.
According to a release, KSP arrested John B. Bolte, 42, of New Concord.
Kentucky State Police Arson Investigator Frank Gresham presented findings from a three-month investigation to the Calloway County Grand Jury Thursday.
After hearing the testimony, the Grand Jury chose to indict.
Gresham and state troopers served the indictment warrant today.
Bolte is charged with Arson 2nd degree (B felony), Fraudulent Insurance Acts over $500 (D felony), Burning Personal Property to Defraud Insurer (D felony), and Tampering with Physical Evidence (D felony). Bolte was lodged in the Calloway County Detention Center.
The investigation is ongoing by the KSP.