Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Wed October 16, 2013
KSP and State Fire Marshal Investigate Possibility Of Marshall County Double Arson
The Kentucky State Police and State Fire Marshall are investigating foul play surrounding two Marshall County house fires that occurred within hours of each other Tuesday night.
Benton Fire Marshall Harry Green said the fact that both houses were vacant with no running electricity lead the department to believe that the fires were set intentionally.
Green said the first call came in at 7:10 pm Tuesday night on Tri State Lane in Briensburg. Benton Fire Department volunteers responded and put out the blaze. About two and half hours later at 9:45 pm, a second call came in from Oak Level Road. Green said by the time firefighters arrived, the house was fully engulfed in flames and took the department all night to extinguish. West Marshall Fire Department provided assistance.
Green said both houses were completely destroyed, but no civilians or firefighters were injured. Green said he called in KSP and the State Fire Marshall to determine if foul play was involved.