Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu November 7, 2013
KSEC Pushes Universities on Renewable Energy
The Kentucky Student Environmental Coalition is making its voice heard across the state on energy issues.
The activist group is planning to petition for a sustainable projects fund at Murray State tomorrow.
KSEC also plans a demonstration at the University of Kentucky basketball game in Lexington to protest the use of coal severance funds in the renovation of Rupp Arena.
Next week the group will host a presentation on the environmental movement at Western Kentucky University and an event on renewable energy at Morehead State.
The group says the events are meant to highlight the youth environmental movement in Kentucky.