Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu November 7, 2013
KSEC Pushes Universities on Renewable Energy
The Kentucky Student Environmental Coalition is making its voice heard across the state on energy issues.
The activist group is planning to petition for a sustainable projects fund at Murray State tomorrow.
KSEC also plans a demonstration at the University of Kentucky basketball game in Lexington to protest the use of coal severance funds in the renovation of Rupp Arena.
Next week the group will host a presentation on the environmental movement at Western Kentucky University and an event on renewable energy at Morehead State.
The group says the events are meant to highlight the youth environmental movement in Kentucky.