Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu November 7, 2013
KSEC Pushes Universities on Renewable Energy
The Kentucky Student Environmental Coalition is making its voice heard across the state on energy issues.
The activist group is planning to petition for a sustainable projects fund at Murray State tomorrow.
KSEC also plans a demonstration at the University of Kentucky basketball game in Lexington to protest the use of coal severance funds in the renovation of Rupp Arena.
Next week the group will host a presentation on the environmental movement at Western Kentucky University and an event on renewable energy at Morehead State.
The group says the events are meant to highlight the youth environmental movement in Kentucky.