Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri September 25, 2009
KOHS presents highway safety grants
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – Several western Kentucky agencies have received a portion of a hundred and twenty four thousand dollar grant from the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. The money will help the agencies with programs to curb impaired driving, speeding, seatbelt usage, and dangerous driving practices. The money will also help to educate the public on child safety seats and seatbelt usage. Seventeen more deaths have occurred so far in 2009 on Kentucky highways, compared to the same time last year.