Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri September 25, 2009
KOHS presents highway safety grants
By Caleb Campbell
Murray, KY – Several western Kentucky agencies have received a portion of a hundred and twenty four thousand dollar grant from the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. The money will help the agencies with programs to curb impaired driving, speeding, seatbelt usage, and dangerous driving practices. The money will also help to educate the public on child safety seats and seatbelt usage. Seventeen more deaths have occurred so far in 2009 on Kentucky highways, compared to the same time last year.