Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon April 13, 2009
Kirksey man charged with arson
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – A Kirksey man faces arson charges after a weekend fire. State police received the 911 call shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday, and later found evidence that Lee Reeves had set fire to the kitchen of a house on Backusburg Road. Reeves had left the house without notifying the other three people inside of the blaze. He is charged with 1st Degree arson and housed in the Calloway County Jail. All four of the home's occupants were taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. They were soon released.